Last week, I disagreed with people who said that Pizza Hut’s new pigs in a blanket pizza is the downfall of civilization. Such opinions are subjective. And subjectivity is something we writers know something about.
This week, along with other bookish links, we bring you news of the actual downfall of civilization.
- Crime Novel? Female lead? Yes, please! Check out these discoveries from the Book Expo Floor.
- Perhaps the detectives will discover that their victims perished from these Things Women In Literature Have Died From.
- One person’s idea of a cringe-worthy book cover is another person’s siren call that screams: I must have this book! Learn more about the art and business of book covers.
- Ever Feel Like You’re Inside the Protagonist’s Brain? Well, You Just Might Be, Sort Of!
- And finally: This, friends, marks the actual end of civilization: OMG Shakespeare series replaces prose with text speak and emoticons.