Hey there, revelers. Are you still recovering from New Year’s Eve? Have you made your resolutions? Put down the alcohol. Chug the aspirin. Grab the caffeine. It’s time to focus.
This week: writing prompts, writing routines, reading challenges, words to banish (should you so desire), and more.
- Do not — I repeat, do not — lose heart if you get brain freeze when faced with the blank page. These writing prompts will thaw the creative juices.
- New Year, new writing routine. If you need some inspiration, take a cue from the writing routines of these famous writers.
- Celebrate the end of one year and the start of the next with literary beginnings, middles, and endings.
- You could hit the gym as a new year’s resolution. Or you could renounce these seven “misused, overused or just plain annoying” words. Come on. We know which one is more likely to happen.
- Challenge acccepted: This year, I will read harder. There’s even a handy Bingo card!