Sometimes, you have to eat at your desk while working or writing or reading blogs (except for that one potential employer who warned me that eating at your desk — lunch or snacks* — is not permitted). Gillian Anderson approves.
This week: Writing links and a fond farewell to fellow writing blog, Beyond the Margins.
- Ready to write that novel? Randy Susan Meyers has you covered with her (Impossibly Condensed) Checklists for Beginning a Novel.
- Becky Tuch reflects on what we all know to be true. Writing is hard.
- So, there was that whole Salon article from Ann Bauer on “sheltered” writers. Here’s a different viewpoint: Susan Straight on learning to write without a room of one’s own.
- Celeste Ng shares her top five writing tips. Shameless plug: You can catch Celeste LIVE at our next Craft on Draft event in April at Trident Booksellers in Boston.
- And finally, a list of blogs after Friday Feasts’ hearts: Literary Food Blogs: An Introduction.
Also, a fond farewell to the Boston-based writing blog, Beyond the Margins, whose content was consistently excellent and compelling. May the archives live on to inspire writers for many years to come!
* You may take my freedom, but you’ll never take my snacks!