The week–nay, the month–in publishing has been a bit off-kilter.
Rather than rehash, we shall reset with a hodgepodge of links to remind us of why we do what we do: Books and stories. Yay.
- One Long Country Song: What Friday Night Lights Taught Me About Storytelling by Hannah Gersen. Great stories don’t need a whiz bang.
- 10 Essential Coming-Of-Age Novels For Adults by Anne Valente. Break out that To Read list with these next three links.
- The Literary United States: A Map of the Best Book for Every State compiled by Kristin Iversen. Fun.
- The Books That Made Me Who I Am by Roxane Gay. I’m a little too excited about the addition of Sweet Valley High.
- Finally, behold Writer’s Digest’ collection of the 101 Best Writing Websites that will get you started or keep you going own your own book.
If you’re in the Greater Boston area, home of Dead Darlings, check out this list of 10 Boston Book Festival Talks from WBUR.