Is there anything better than eating and reading in December, or really, any time of the year? Friends, I think not.
This week, we explore some of the best sentences in literature and the darkest books ever written just in time for gift giving — either for yourself or others. Don’t forget about self-care this season.
- 51 Of The Most Beautiful Sentences In Literature, as suggested by the Buzzfeed community. “I am, I am, I am.”
- I am so sick of winter. But it’s not going anywhere soon. Might as well indulge in the Darkest Books Ever Written during these dark and dreary days of winter.
- Now that you have a gigantic list of books to buy, pull on ye olde shoes and get thee to your local bookstore! 10 Reasons to Shop at Your Local Indie Bookstores This Holiday Season.
- Here are 14 Reasons to Give a Book from one of our favorite local indie bookstores, Porter Square Books. Example: You can read it before you give it AND THEY’LL NEVER KNOW.
- Just in time for those holiday parties this weekend, more answers to that inevitable question, “What do you write about?” Number 8: “Boring people at parties. Is it ok that I’m recording this?”
Congratulations to Dead Darlings friend and contributor Jennie Wood for the inclusion of her novel A Boy Like Me in Foreword Review’s 10 Best Indie YA Novels of 2014!