It’s the last Friday Feast of the year! Thank you for coming along with us as we scour the internet for the tasty bits of our bookish lives and throw them at you with the gusto of the Lost Boys in Hook.
We’ll see you in the new year with more literary links to keep you writing, revising, and reading. Happy Holidays from all of us at Dead Darlings.
- November and December are difficult months to write, what with all the merry distractions, friend and family obligations, and seasonal affective disorder. Robin Black meditates on what it means to be Empty: When A Writer Isn’t Writing.
- Our New Favorite Tumblr: ‘Shit My Reviewers Say’. Man, science peer reviews are harsh. This makes me want to go hug all my beta readers.
- Librarian and blogger Kelly Jensen adds an important component to the Diversity in YA conversation: Plus-sized protagonists in YA.
- To close out 2014, here are some of the Best Books You Might Have Missed, including novels by Dead Darlings featured authors Kate Racculia and Kimberly Elkins.
- Now that your To Be Read list is well-stocked, let’s armchair travel to Portugal and imagine reading among the stacks of the most beautiful bookstore in the world.
Congratulations to Dead Darlings contributor and friend E.B. Moore for the inclusion of her debut novel An Unseemly Wife in the Top 14 Books of 2014 over at Beyond the Margins.