Happy first Friday of December. All those tasks put off last week have to be dealt with this week. On top of workload grumpiness, I suspect everyone is super cranky this week because they’re off their normal feeding schedules, like pets and babies, and have to eat salads and shit to fit into their pants. Maybe that’s just me.
But there’s always room for a Friday Feast.
- If you’re looking for a book to gift or read this holiday season, consider this list of 10 Great Books By Women that were Overlooked in 2015.
- What can women learn from reading sexist male writers? Sigal Samuel offers her perspective.
- Alexander Chee on why fiction matters and also offers this insight: “…if I was asked why I write fiction, I would say I write fiction because I have always enjoyed lying to people.”
- An editor-turned-author offers her apologies to all the authors that she believed were probably lying to her about the typos in their manuscripts and other things.
- And, yes, of course there’s a NaNoWriMo wrap up link. Whether you “won” or not, you either have or will have a first draft in your hot little hands soon. Before you read it and become depressed by all the work ahead of you or ugh before you on the page, read this love letter to a sloppy first draft by Jael Henry for some perspective.