All of us here at Dead Darlings are still reeling from the horrible events at the Pulse Nightclub on Sunday. We’re firm believers in the power of books to change hearts and minds and hope that you’ll make room on your nightstands and TBR piles with these books that celebrate queer latinx identity.
We also dive into expectations of literary snobbery, do’s and don’ts for author events, and summer books and movies based on books.
- In honor of Orlando, 10 books that celebrate Queer Latinx Identity.
- Author Jennifer Weiner recounts the anxiety of going to her 25-year college reunion and expecting the worst from her classmates — she writes beach books! — in The Snobs and Me.
- Rob Brunet shares some dos and don’ts for a successful author event, such as “Make sure the light is extra low around the microphone. Authors are shy and often nocturnal. You don’t want to scare them.”
- 16 new releases to read for Summer 2016 from one of our favorite sites, Book Riot!
- And, it’s summer movie season, so here is the 2016 Summer Movie Guide: The Books That Made the Screen.