Here’s one of the best tweets from the #TenThingsNotToSayToAWriter hashtag: “That sounds like so much fun! Wish I could just sit around and write all day.”
PSA: Don’t ever insinuate that it’s free time. Please. And thank you.
On to this week’s links.
- Check out these #TenThingsNotToSayToAWriter tweets from famous authors. And then, peruse the whole glorious lot of them on Twitter.
- Maggie Stiefvater responds to a frustrated writer who asks the author how she gets into her “writing place”: Look, Do You Want This, or Not?
- “Love is weird, murder makes sense.” — The 11 Best Things I Heard at RWA (Romance Writers of America conference) 2015
- “There is a really big difference between being a person who only rages and a person who both rages and makes a real move for change.” Author Dahlia Adler on what readers (and writers!) can do to effectively support books and writers and issues that get them all fired up.
- Feel good news alert! Mailman Sees Boy Reading Junk Mail for Lack of Books; He Has Books Now! You may now cry all the happy tears (they mix well with your exhausted-by-writing-and-have-nothing-to-show-for-it tears).