Somehow, I managed to miss the most important best of/year-end list of 2015. The top sellers? The best of whatevers? Who cares?! It’s the best cuties in publishing! At left: “Bela Lugosi, who belongs to Ben Samuel and probably helps at the National Book Foundation, is so fun at parties.”
Is there an Instagram or a Twitter or a Tumblr compilation of these? I could use some serious scrolling with a cocktail in hand and emergency cuteness right about now.
For more squee-inducing pets and literary fare, read on.
- Amrita Tripathi provides insight into the story of a book, cover and sinker if you aren’t brave: what you have to do to get published. Though the industry is India, I reckon the story will resonate with writers everywhere.
- Author Robert Jackson Bennett contemplates the writer’s disconnect from praise and the importance of staying in contact with other writers.
- And if those other writers have more than praise to offer, consult this advice from Some of the Greatest Writers of the Past Century on How to Handle Criticism.
- Criticism is scary, but not as scary as the The 50 Scariest Books of All Time. (Yeah, I just wrote that.)
- And for no other reason than it’s Friday and I’m a sucker for pets and books: Here are the biggest cuties in publishing. D’oh!