It’s a grab bag of links this week, kind of like all those leftovers that end up in your fridge from holiday parties and cookie swaps.
At the last party I attended, I scored some homemade fudge brownies. ‘Tis the season for smudgy keyboards.’
- So, you spent all of November in a sleepless, caffeine-haze of word count productivity. Surprise! Chuck Wendig says that NANOWRIMO DOESN’T MATTER. What matters is what you do with it next. Hint: work is involved.
- Work can also involve sleeping. Hooray! The Art of “Creative Sleep”: Stephen King on Writing and Wakeful Dreaming.
- Airport fiction and chick lit, you say? Jodi Picoult has some thoughts on sexism, pseudonyms, and male romance writers like Jonathan Franzen (link headline NSFW).
- All the books on my To Be Read list are from Book Riot thanks to their coverage of diverse genres, presses and authors. Check out their contributors’ favorite books of 2014.
- Even as schools and businesses close amid protests, the Ferguson library stays open and gets an outpouring of donations, proving once again that libraries are the best.