Or you dread the book tour idea, what with the probability of endless empty seats. Guess what? Also good for you. Learning more about publishing? So good. Parents don’t like what you wrote and want to ban you? Good? You betcha!
- Tough Love for Authors: Why You Must Care About Your Social Media Platform by Crystal King. Good news: You can stop spamming your friends on Facebook because it’s not a viable platform for publicity unless you want to pay for it. Bad news: If you don’t want to pay for publicity, you have to work for it.
- Does Book Touring Still Matter? by John Scalzi. Spoiler alert: It does, and here are the eight reasons why according to one author.
- Why the Public Library Beats Amazon—for Now by Geoffrey A. Fowler. Some eBook systems are still clunky. But most library collections are more comprehensive than Amazon. And they are fantastic for those without the means to purchase books.
- Amazon, Publishers, and Readers by Clay Shirky. Interesting perspective on Amazon and the elite nature of big publishing houses. Read it, become wiser.
- Sherman Alexie on Book Banning via pw.org. Parents: These books I haven’t read should be banned because [insert foggy reason here]! Teens: Clamor to get their hands on book. Authors: Thank you!
Bonus link for your efforts!
Writer Creates “Color Thesaurus” To Help You Correctly Name Any Color Imaginable by Ingrid Sundberg. Congratulations on making it through those links. Now, go look at some pretty colors!