One of the first 45s* I bought was Donna Summer’s “Bad Girls.” I typically prefer the words “woman” or “broad” or “amazing organizational powerhouse,” but I can still get down with the G word on occasion, and invite you to peruse the girl-focused link below as well as the others, which are in no way inferior to the link I chose to highlight in this intro because equality.
- Given the amount of snow that has been dumped over here at Dead Darlings HQ (Boston), this post comes at a good time: 40 Authors on How to be Happy.
- If envy be the fuel of production, rage on! On writer envy: Let It Burn Like Acid.
- “Death!/ Plop.”: The Instructive Power of Very Bad Art, featuring a local favorite, The Museum of Bad Art at the Somerville Theater.
- Sit back, relax, watch Stephen King discuss the future of publishing, his thoughts on writing as hypnosis, and how the real drawback of an e-book is that if you drop it in the toilet, “you’re done.”
- Girls are getting a lot of attention these days thanks to the throw like a girl campaign, TV’s new girls’ club, and an all-female cast for the Ghostbusters reboot. Continue the love with these 50 Essential Books About the Female Experience. Man, I feel like a woman!
* For those of you born during or after the 80s, that’s a small vinyl record, not an abbreviation of Rihanna’s new hit single.